Saturday, January 1, 2011

Who I Am

This family is who I am.
It’s not the only family to be a part of, certainly.
It is not better than any other family.
But it’s my family, and I love them.

This path is who I am.
It’s not the only path.
It is not better than any other path.
But it’s my path, and so I walk it with joy.

This religion is who I am.
It’s not the only religion.
It is not better than any other religion.
But it’s my religion, and so I practice it with reverence.

I am not alone. There are others on this journey.
I have family members, travelling companions, brothers and sisters of the Ummah
who make my life rich, meaningful, and valuable.

Najat knows who he is.
And he knows he is nothing without others.
Allah, in His wisdom, made us for community.

No comments:

Post a Comment